Wednesday 26 January 2011

KNOW WHERE TO SPEND YOUR DOUGH: My exciting interview series continues with Geneva Sipes!

KNOW WHERE TO SPEND YOUR DOUGH: My exciting interview series with local business owners!

Do you want a fun, exciting, and thriving community? Want your town to be a place you are proud of? Do you desire a great place to show off to friends and family? HELP out your community by spending your money at local businesses. Local businesses help make your community REAL, warm, and rich.
I will be interviewing local business owners to help out the community and keep you updated on what is up and coming.

My next interview is with Geneva Sipes, owner/founder of Geneva Diane Designs. She does amazing floral work for weddings and special events. Not only is Geneva talented, educated, and friendly, she is ready to take her business to the next level and wants to share her talent with you at your next event!

1) Explain what kind of work Geneva Diane Designs does to someone who may not know.
Geneva Diane Designs specializes in event décor and design. My specialty is floral design, but I love coming up with other unique options that are creative and fun! My education is in Interior Design, so the overall feel of an event/wedding is really important to me.

2) Why did you decide to start Geneva Diane Designs?
In college I worked part time at a flower shop in Monroe, I started helping friends with their weddings, and found that I loved it! I worked in the design industry for 1.5 years, and when the economy started to go down hill I decided to take the risk and start my own business. I was doing it on the side anyways and decided to go for it! I have loved it ever since!

3) What are the 3 skills you need to have when operating your own personal business?
1. Faith- Believe in what you’re doing, and believe in the talents that God gave you.
2. Creativity- To stand out and push your boundaries. To come up with new ideas that excite you and that will give your clients individual experiences.
3. Perseverance- Stick with it.

4) What is the best part about your job?
Meeting brides and coming up with ideas to make their wedding day unique! My favorite part is when I can “problem solve” and make a unique arrangement that fits the brides style.

5) Why should people hire you and your business? (Versus someone else)
I think I work among a lot of talented people in this industry, but I think one of the strengths is my conceptual side. A lot of vendors will look at their element as the most important, but above flowers the event has to be cohesive. I will work with a bride to figure out the best way to make the event one cohesive style.

For more information aboit Geneva Diane Designs:

-Find and "Like" Geneva Diane Designs on facebook.

-Check out her blog: http://genevadianedesigns.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment