Wednesday 28 July 2010

My Favorite Places to Eat

I love trying new places to eat and seeing what is out there in the food world around Seattle. One of my favorite Food Network show's is "The Best Thing I ever ate," which has chefs talk about their most memorable food experience. Many times, people will ask me where I like to grab a bite to eat, pick up a pastry, or get a cup of joe. Here are my Top 4 food establishments around Seattle:
1 - Favorite Coffee House: Victor's Coffee in Redmond (http://www.victorscelticcoffee.com/) This celtic-design coffee house is a historic landmark in downtown Redmond (right next to Bill the Butcher). Better than Starbucks coffee, Victors carries bold, smooth, and amazing tasting coffee and coffee drinks. In a sweet mood? Try the Irish Nudge!
2 - Favorite Bakery: Boulangerie Nantaise in Belltown
(http://www.boulangerie-nantaise.com/) I am not just mention this bakery because I used to work/intern here! The crossiants are hand-made with 100% real butter, the bread is baked fresh daily with organic ingredients, and the lunch time specials are simple, French-influenced and delightful! Yes, it may cost a bit more than Safeway's bakery department, but the taste will win you over. I am secretly in love with the almond corssiants.
3 - Favorite High End Restaurant: The Herbfarm in Woodinville
(http://www.theherbfarm.com/) This restuarant is on almost every foodie's top ten list. If you can afford it, please experience it. The meal, about 9 courses long with wine at every course, was very memorable and the service was unbeatable. I still dream about the perfect carrot souffle I ate.
4 - Favorite Cheap Eat: Than Brothers Pho in Redmond
(http://www.thanbrothers.com/) I love pho, it's a big bowl of warm beefy broth, noodles, and meat. It warms me up when I am feeling low and lonely. Not only do you get speedy service, you also get a nice little cream puff with your pho! And under $10? Can't beat that!

Please try and enjoy new food, drinks, and pastries around your hometown. Some you will like, some you will dislike, yet, soon you will get to know the food establishments around your area and become a regular foodie! Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment